Would you like to learn the secrets of the most influential, powerful people of all time. Attract more sales and negotiate more win/win outcomes. Of course you would! You're a sales person.
Despite what most books and seminars teach, successful selling is not a set of strategies, techniques or tactics to get the prospect to buy. Rather it is a state of mind – yours and your customers – and set of behaviors that creates compelling win/win outcomes for everyone.
If you look around at the high achievers in this world in any field, you will find nearly always that they display a positive mental attitude to their field of success. They may do this knowingly or otherwise but simply put you will get much more success if you do the same.
Here are a few qualities that successful people with a positive mental attitude display which you can emulate with a bit of effort:
3. Greet people courteously
4. Be enthusiastic about your work
5. Dream. Engage in ‘Imagineering’. Set goals, aim high.
6. Act. Work your plan. Don’t be an ‘Excusiologists’.
8. Be focused at all times. Be dedicated, disciplined and regular in your work.
9. Show commitment to the task in front of you.
10. Strive for excellence, set your own benchmark.
11.Stay sharp to opportunities, create your own luck.
12. Be humble and open- minded. We can all learn from each other.
13. Be open to change. Don’t be afraid of taking risks.
14. Don’t be judgmental. Forgive and move on.
15. Develop a supportive attitude to all around you.
16. Accept adversity and disappointments. Overcome them and emerge stronger.
19. Cultivate a working philosophy of life: Turn every experience, ‘good’ or ‘bad’, into a ‘learning’ experience.
20. Strive for improvement. Be a life-long ardent student of sales and life.
22. Lead. The five key facets of leadership are..Focus, Authenticity, Courage, Empathy, Timing.
23. Surround yourself with people with winning attitudes and your chance of success will be high.
24. Always invest in yourself first, you are your biggest asset in sales and life.
Tuesday, 20 September 2011
Why you should develop a positive mental attitude
Labels: B2B Events, CDM Media, GDS, GDS International, Kash Hasan, Sales Director, Sales Training, YourSalesCoach
Kash Hasan tells us about the GDS Bristol headline fundraiser which took place in June to raise funds for the GDS Foundation. GDS Bristol ...
Would you like to learn the secrets of the most influential, powerful people of all time. Attract more sales and negotiate more win/win outc...
One of the reasons I love selling is its freedom of expression. Sales is one of the few professions left in which you can be yourself and ex...
When you need a well-earned break watch this great short video on the value of a smile, being encouraging and resilient, and the impact we h...
You want to increase your sales, achieve higher earnings and progress in your career? It’s natural: you are a sales person. Here’s the thin...
Business is all about people and every salesperson understands that good relationships result in more successful sales. Good relationsh...
If you have drive, ambition and the ability to handle rejection, a career in sales can provide fantastic lifelong opportunities and earning...